Map Canvas - Custom Vintage Ordnance Survey Map - 1940s (optional inscription)
Personalise your wall space with maps from the 1940s - Ordnance Survey's New Popular Edition mapping series published between 1940 and 1948. The New Popular Edition maps show England & Wales as it was during the Second World War. The original mapping scale is one inch to one mile (1:63,360) with detail comparable to today's OS Landranger® Maps.
Centre your map on any postcode in England and Wales. (Not available for Scotland)
A personal and unique gift ideal for Christmas, Birthdays, Wedding, Engagement, new home, retirement, Mother's & Father's Day.
This unique style map shows fascinating detail of a favourite place, a remembered home, or a family holiday destination, a special keepsake for those treasured memories.
- Optional personal inscription over 1 or 2 lines (max 30 characters per line).
- Available as landscape or portrait
- Also available as a poster and wallpaper.
Select the size of your canvas print and type in the postcode for the centre of your map, choose from landscape or portrait orientation then type in your personal inscription to be added to the bottom of the map.
- Premium quality 330gsm poly-cotton material
- UV stable, fade resistent ink, with a satin finish
- Hand stretched over a 3.8cm wooden frame
- Supplied ready to hang
- The wooden frame includes corner spacers that are designed to be gently tapped to re-tighten the canvas should it become loosened in transit.
- Canvas prints do not have the same print fidelity as paper prints due to the natural coarser weave of canvas material. Fine detail or small type on some canvas map prints can lack the clarity that would normally be expected on a paper print when viewed at close quarters.