Map Canvas - Hondius World Map
A canvas print of a wonderfully decorative antique world map by Henricus Hondius, first issued in the 1630 edition of the Mercator-Hondius Atlas. The basic cartography follows John Speed's world map. Portraits of Ptolemy, Mercator, Hondius and Julius Caesar are included in the beautifully detailed and decorative borders. One of the most beautiful world maps of the period.
- Also available as wallpaper.
- Premium quality 330gsm poly-cotton material
- UV stable, fade resistent ink, with a satin finish
- Hand stretched over a 3.8cm wooden frame
- Supplied ready to hang
- The wooden frame includes corner spacers that are designed to be gently tapped to re-tighten the canvas should it become loosened in transit.
- Canvas prints do not have the same print fidelity as paper prints due to the natural coarser weave of canvas material. Fine detail or small type on some canvas map prints can lack the clarity that would normally be expected on a paper print when viewed at close quarters.